The magical energies contained in the brain causes side effects. When the wizard acts as a conduit, there are risks. As these are seventh level side effects, they are quite powerful.
This makes wizards somewhat more unique based on the spells they know and can prepare. It also can make them more useful or somewhat of a liability.
- Bigby's Grasping Hand: The casters hands double in size, and his arms become larger to support them. He is considered to have a strength of 18, as normal for thrusting damage, but has his normal strength for bashing and slashing weapons.
- Cacodemon: While prepared, the caster is connected to the planes of hell. This has many and varied effects, causing a penalty versus saves from extra-dimensional entities, to being overheard by extra-planar creatures.
- Charm Plants: Plants are drawn to the caster, turning towards him as if he is the sun
- Delayed Blast Fireball: Caster can shoot out bolts of flame to 20'. These require a normal to hit roll, take a full round to aim and fire, and do 2d8+2 points of damage
- Drawmij's Instant Summons: The planar connection makes the wizard easy to locate using scrying spells.
- Duo-Dimension: The casters dimensions are somewhat unstable while this spell is cast. At any given moment, their girth, weight, and thickness is between 20% and 200% of normal
- Limited Wish: Powerful energy is trapped in the casters mind. Electricity arcs off their hair and body, and their eyes glow with power. Various unusual magical phenomena manifest nearby.
- Mass Invisibility: The casters skin and clothing fades in and out of sight.
- Monster Summoning V: The caster is surrounded by free-floating glowing pentagrams. They shed light to 10' and hum. Anyone attacking the wizard will take 1d4 + 1 damage from the electrical energy discharged by the pentagrams
- Mordenkainen's Sword: The sword struggles to manifest. While memorized, it appears, phasing in and out on the casters body. Nearby swords drift and tug on their scabbards, pointing to the sword of force. Anyone attacking the caster with a sword has a +1 to hit and damage with such a weapon due to the pull of the magic.
- Phase Door: Space near the caster bends and twists, other dimensions slightly different then this one fade in and out nearby. Often walls, doors, or corridors appear where another is.
- Power Word, Stun: The casters voice becomes loud, raising in volume by 20-30 decibels.Even if attempting to whisper, his voice is loud
- Reverse Gravity: The caster floats, and can levitate and "fly" as long as she remains within 8" of a solid surface
- Simulacrum: The wizards features become waxy and indistinct.
- Statue: The wizards complexion become stone like, and her armor class is increased by 1
- Vanish: Objects appear and disappear near the caster. 30% chance anyone within 10' finds whatever they are holding has gone missing, only to re-appear a few moments later.