This is my first attempt at something like this, so feel free to give me comments and suggestions!
There were over 200 products released in the last 7 days, what follows are highlights only. If you'd like to be highlighted, get at me during your release week!
Steve Jackson released a large number of Car Wars .pdfs!
- Car Wars Expansion set 8 - Chopper Challenge
- Car Wars Tanks
- Autoduel Quarterly #8/1
- Autoduel Quarterly #8/2
- AADA Road Atlas V6: The Free Oil States
- AADA Road Atlas V7: Mountain West
Popular threads on the vault include a civilization, wilderness and monsters density poll; and of course the Mystarn's community response to the denigration of the setting by Matt Sernett during a podcast and his subsequent apology, and their attempt to address the "endemic disrespect for Mystara [in] the community at Wizards of the Coast." Mystara is one of the most D&D-like settings ever created, with ancient human empires, magical flying cities, immortals and a hollow world.
Unearthed Arcana covers the new playtesting rules for centaurs and minotaurs leading to reddit postulating the infinite centaur because medium creatures can ride centaurs who are themselves medium size. It's centaurs all the way down!
Greg Gillespie has 5 days left for his funded Barrowmaze: Highfell - The Drifting Dungeon Megadungeon for Labyrinth Lord and other Old School Role-playing game.
Saturday May 12th
- Corporatocracy: Company Rule in Fact & Fantasy, by WMB Saltworks
- A quick perusal shows information about both historical cases as well as specific ideas for campaigns that can be caused by certain company interests. The text is excessively wordy, "Usually, of course, we refer to corporations in a business sense. It can be useful to remember, however, that not all companies are corporations." If you can take that sort of meandering well, this may be of some use to you.
Sunday May 13th
- The Handbook for Saucy Bards by Tangent Artists
- Reminds me of books of jokes in people's house from the 70's like "The Complete WASP's Guide to Blond Jokes." The preview shows some mild racial jokes reskinned with fantasy races.
- Inkwell ideas released their monthly Patreon collection of map icons. This month is the Undersea Kingdom City Map Icons (February), Cityographer Medieval Castle City Map Icons (March), and Cityographer Vegetation City Map Icons (April)
Monday May 14th
- Raging Swan Press released a Village Backdrop: Underdell in System Neutral/Pathfinder/5e versions. It's 3.45 for a .pdf, and it provides 9 pages of a fully fleshed out village. It's by John Bennett and certainly seems to have a lot of useful hooks within. I generally find the further Raging Swan leans away from pathfinder, the more and more useful I find their supplements. Some of the Dressing pages have a permanent place in my DM's folder.
- Spellcaster: Frostgrave Magazine Issue #3, the supplement from the "Wizards fight in an ancient frozen city" miniatures game.
- Silence from Sommerisk by Petersen Games
- This is a starter adventure for the Pathfinderized Call of Cthulhu, by Peterson Games
- River Gorge Gauntlet by Erie Underground
- A one page dungeon about bandits by the river. Above average, in regards to terrain and space.
- Buried Temple of the Death God by Cirrem's Tower
- An adventure with good review but no preview. For 6th-8th level 5th edition players.
- Tome of the Gods and The Genisys Tome, a very wordy pantheon of gods, and a point buy heartbreaker without any setting information in the text. It's a generic 2d10 system? A quote from the Cyberpunk Genisys setting "We are making the game more about you and less about your dice, we changed from an old style 1d10 system to a 2d10 system."
- The Darkness Beneath Dalentown by Tim Bannock
- Legendary Planet: Dead Vault Descent by Legendary Games an adventure for the lukewarmly received Starfinder Adventure game.
- Lethal Lairs - Red Dragon and Lethal Lairs - White Dragon by Pointy Pony Publications
Tuesday May 15th
- Fitzhywel's Fantastical paraphernalia: Paper and Parchments by Michael Fitzhywei, 5 dollars for 30 different parchment backgrounds for player handouts. I could certainly find some use for these. No response to the question asked yesterday if they are usable for commercial use. I haven't ordered this or any of his other projects but they look enticing
- A 400 page ebook by Loren Wiseman, GROGNARD: Ruminations on 40 years in gaming.
Wednesday May 16th
- Eldritch Weapons (Savage Worlds) by Zadmar Games contains a way to generate magical weapons using a tarot technique with playing cards.
- Escape from Goblin Dungeon by Sharp Mountain Games, an OSR adventure for first level adventures about escaping from a goblin dungeon.
- SideQuests: Tritons of Mistvalley River, by Sidequests. A short adventure for 6th level 5th edition characters
- Another heartbreaker, ELEMENTAL Complete Guide from Gildor Games
- Mastery Monthly: May 2018, by Knights Crimson a Pay What you Want magazine about 5th Edition
- Star Frontiers: Face of the Enemy by WotC
Thursday May 17th
- SideQuests: The Assassin's Hideaway by Sidequests for 8th level 5th edition characters
- Crossword Dungeons by 5realms Publishing, which is a 1.00$ crossword. That is also a dungeon.
If you find this post useful, and you'd like to see it every Friday, then now is the time to support my Patreon to make sure I can continue to afford housing and which totally enables putting this together every week.