You had a history of making copies of books the hard way.
Skill Proficiency: You are proficient in Intelligence (History)
Tool Proficiency: You have proficiency with Calligrapher's Supplies and Cartographer's Tools.
Languages: Pick one additional language
Equipment: Book, Case, map or scroll x5, Chalk x10, Common Clothes, Ink x 2, Ink Pen, magnifying glass. Paper x50, pouch
You can scribe scrolls into spellbooks in one-half the usual time.
Usually quiet and reserved, Calligraphers and scribes are actually very difficult jobs. It is a technical profession, and the differences between a copyist, scribe, and sofer are more than trivial.
- You would have stayed forever, if the temple hadn't been burnt to the ground. Doing anything other than your work is anxiety inducing.
- Tired of writing about it, now you live for adventure!
- Actually, you are quite wise and constantly have to correct everyone.
- You have your own ideas, and changing texts as a copyist is what got you in trouble in the first place.
- It was a boring job and you were bored in it, and you're bored by most things. Everyone should be thankful you have such a vested interest in making things exciting.
- Everyone is dumb, better to keep your mouth closed and not prove it to anyone.
- You need to find new sources of knowledge instead of copying the old ones.
- You like the taste of paper. That doesn't mean your strange. The voices mean that you are strange.
- Preservation: Knowledge must be recovered and preserved at all costs. (Lawful)
- Edification: People can be helped by knowledge and it's your job to help them. (Good)
- Greed: Secrets lie in hidden works, and they are yours for the taking. (Chaotic)
- Nihilism: Knowledge should be consumed and then destroyed. (Evil)
- Discovery: Secrets of ancient gods and power lie on texts. (Neutral)
- Exploration: Have your own experiences to be worthy of writing about them. (Chaotic)
- You have a sister that wants to kill you.
- You wish to prove yourself to a paramore.
- Your faithful pet companion is your truest friend.
- You seek revenge against those who have been burning your works.
- You have a secret word that must be spread to your unknowing followers.
- You have a large tome, which there is only one copy of, and being magical, it requires certain reagents in order to copy it successfully without destroying it.
- You are so much better than all the people around you.
- Educated, erudite, and beautiful? It's only narcissism if it's not true.
- You c-c-can't help but s-s-st-st-stutter.
- Magic-immune Leprosy
- Now we would say you are "on-spectrum", then, you just smell bad and have trouble with people liking you.
- WHO TOUCHED MY THINGS? You're not paranoid if people are actually out to get you.
Running a B/X game? Give these advantages instead of proficiency and features. You can also give these bonuses if running a 5e game using 3d6 for character generation.
- +1 Intelligence
Hack & Slash
Follow, Google +, Newsletter, Support, Donate to end Cancer (5 Star Rating) (77$ donated so far!)