There's more than one way to skin a cat. You provide service for people who can afford to pay it. This may mean sexual favors, but as frequently means conversation, comfort, and company.
Skill Proficiency: Charisma (Deception), Charisma(Persuasion)
Languages: Pick any 2
Equipment: Nightclothes, Traveler's clothes, Fine Clothes, Leather bag with 200 gp. Necklace worth 50 gp. 3 small gems worth 10 gp each.
You have information about two people of importance. You can leverage this information in order to acquire lodging, information, or even money. You also may have the friendship of a madam, and if you are in the city she lives, you can earn 10d6 gp per day.
You enjoy people and you enjoy your work and you enjoy the money it brings. There's no shame in your profession and often it is highly regulated and regimented by guilds. It requires outgoing and adventurous personalities to be a success, and often these traits lead them to other adventures of a different sort.
- There are so many different kinds of people and I like them and I want to meet them all.
- I enjoy being in control and manipulating people. It's important that they like me so they do what I say.
- I don't care about what people do or say, but I want all the pretty little gems.
- I'm not an airhead, though I don't open my mouth to prove people wrong. I let the discover it after I have what I want.
- I never thought this was the life for me, perhaps some brave woman (or man) will rescue me.
- People are often hurt and damaged. I try to heal them and leave them stronger than when I meet them.
- I'm better than more prim and proper men (and women) and I'm having more fun.
- I don't really care what happens, it's an easy way to get money for my habit.
- Freedom: I want to have the independence to enjoy life. (Chaos)
- Lust/Hedonism: I fill my urges when and where I wish. (Evil)
- Loving: Everyone needs attention and love. (Good)
- Maudlin: I seek only to fulfill my own needs. (Neutral)
- Hierodule: Prostitution is a holy duty. (Lawful)
- Malice: I love to toy with people, take advantage of them, and cause pain. (Evil)
- I have a young ward who is my world.
- If I can only collect enough gold, I'll be able to pay off my debts and be a free man (woman).
- I seek a relationship with the most powerful people in the land, desiring to be the power behind the throne.
- I have a sick mother who I send all my money to.
- I've lost my entire family and am just looking for a place I belong.
- My independence is the most important thing in my world.
- I have an incurable venereal disease.
- I'm hopelessly addicted to a drug.
- I no longer practice my old profession, and I fear anyone discovering it.
- I just can't resist betraying people.
- Once I was a slave, and I still possess the mark and the brand. If found out my freedom is forfeit, for I am escaped and sought by my former master.
- I can't stand anyone who tries to be nice to me. They only want me to sleep with them.
Running a B/X game? Give these advantages instead of proficiency and features. You can alos give these bonuses if running a 5e game using 3d6 for character generation.
- +2 Charisma and double starting gold.
Like these backgrounds I wrote? I collected them in a Pay What You Want .pdf, and affordable hard copy!
Hack & Slash Compendium I at RPGnow for 3.99$!
Hack & Slash Compendium I at Lulu in affordable print! (7.99$)
Hack & Slash
Follow, Google +, Newsletter, Support