You were abandoned as a child, and raised by wild animals. You were a teenager before being exposed to your own kind. Even today you have trouble existing in the civilized world.
Skill Proficiency: Strength (Athletics), Dexterity (Acrobatics); Wisdom (Animal Handling) Wisdom (Perception) Wisdom (Survival);
Tool Proficiency: None may be had - if your class gives you any, you lose them.
Languages: Can only have 1, and speak that poorly. You have the ability to emphatically communicate with the type of animal that raised you.
Equipment: Common clothes, torn; Pouch, Rope, Animal fetish. Bucket. You may not take starting money from your class.
Specialty: Select from the following list or determine which animal you were raised by randomly.
- Giant insects
- Dragons/Wyrms (The non-speaking kind)
- Sharks riding bears
You can communicate with any animal of the type that raised you. This allows you to find out anything it knows. You also have the ability to call upon these animals for help or assistance, in addition to being able to treat the group of animals that raised you as trusted allies who will help you (though they will not throw their lives away needlessly).
You grew up in the wild. The wild you understand. You can't speak well. You feel anxious around people. You will never be a part of their world and you will never be able to go back. Where do you fit in?
- I am very angry!
- I no like people. *glare*
- I am shy and do not trust.
- I am very much like family I come from. (Take on personality of animal)
- Freedom: I no want to be studied! (Chaos)
- Conservationist: I want to protect my family! (Unaligned)
- Violent: I like to hurt people to feel better. (Evil)
- Safety: I avoid civilization. (Lawful)
- Naturalist: I want to be a ambassador between my cultures. (Good)
- Hedonist: Hungry. Mating. Sleepy. (Unaligned)
- I carry one of the young from my tribe.
- I carry the emblem of my animal people. It is their history. (a necklace/fetish/etc.)
- I have a mentor that cared for me and taught me everthing I know about the civilized world.
- A beautiful lady found me and now I love her, even though I know I'm not right for her. . . (Me, tarzan, you Jane)
- I carry something given to me by my human mother.
- I am quite famous.
- I only know 18 words.
- I am mute and unable to speak
- My tribe family is being hunted to extinction, and I don't care about anything else.
- Someone has my tribe family held hostage and I must do what they say.
- I was maimed in some physical or debilitating way in my youth. (Work out the effects with your dungeon master. Examples are a limp that reduces speed by 5 feet, or blindness in one eye giving disadvantage on ranged attacks).
- I have odious personal habits that make me forever stand out in civilazation and offend those I meet. (Defecating in public/covered in lice and parasites, etc.)
Running a B/X game? Give these advantages instead of proficiency and features. You can also give these bonuses if running a 5e game using 3d6 for character generation.
- +1 to any two of Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, -1 Charisma
Like these backgrounds I wrote? I collected them in a Pay What You Want .pdf, and affordable hard copy!
Hack & Slash Compendium I at RPGnow for 3.99!
Hack & Slash Compendium I at Lulu in affordable print! (7.99$)
Hack & Slash
Follow, Google +, Newsletter, Support