That doesn't sound like an environment ripe for adventure.
The top 10 scarce dungeon resources that monsters fight over!
- Water: Everybody's got to drink! Except those damn vampires on level 4. And they can go to hell! Oh? Yeah, that's through level 14. Why would you want to go to hell though?
- Mines: What are we here for? Gold! When do we want it? Now! Who's going to get it? Kobolds! That's right! Now go enslave some kobolds!
- Ley lines/magical components: No, the nexus point is over there in those corridors. What? I don't care if the gnolls live there. Take care of it!
- Access: I'll repeat it again more slowly for you. We-Are-The-Tax-Dwarves. That will be 10 gold pieces to delve.
- Magic pools: What do you mean "A snake made out of water lives there now?"!
- Gatehouses: Well, I guess it would be a lot safer here if we could keep people from coming in at some sort of chokepoint.
- Stairways: Oh, the 10 gold? It's not for using the stairway. It's for paying us to ungrease it and disarm the traps.
- Food: Peoples got to eat! It's a good thing you are so tasty!
- Slaves: Yeah, nobody is getting my slaves. I need them. For my projects.
- Special power/Fuel source: Arcanite stones!?! A hidden engine of ultimate power! I'm sure we don't keep anything like that around here.