|Dick the Bruiser|
What are the top ten brutiest brutes? Let's check it out!
[Edit: Left #10 out!]
10) Bugbears: Because when you want to drop the hammer, it's best if they don't see it coming.
9) Ogre: Maybe seems a little dull, but when you need four hit dice, bonus damage and something to make first level characters panic, the ogre is a classic for a reason.
8) Bears: Because to hell with your ranger Paul.
7) Giants: You know, an additional point of damage doesn't do it for me. How about an additional seven damage. How does that treat you?
6) Trolls: Yes, yes, pull out the flame. But still, they hit hard and keep coming.
5) Minotaurs: That first hit is a doozy. Also mazes!
3) Hydra: Not your classic enforcer, I know. But seriously, if you use these as guards, the PC's will think twice when your attack routines require borrowing their dice.
2) Elementals: No reason to feel bad for killing these, right?
1) Umber Hulk: You got your small brain, you got your tunneling you got your eyes of confusion, you got your three attacks, using 2 or 3 dice of damage each. Also, no chance of any Neogi around, right?