What we have here, is a systematic collection of useful structures that are applicable for a broad spectrum of game types. Actual new knowledge that is functional in play.
There are 3 types of 'wilderness travel'.
The first is travel over a road or through safe or known territory leading to a destination.
The second is exploratory travel through a hex.
The third is travel to a destination through non-safe or unknown territory leading to a destination.
Several logical, entertaining, game structures have been provided for exploring these environments in play. Each is addressed below.
Travel over a road or through safe or known territory leading to a destination.
- Random encounters to determine engagements along the known path.
- An example (Unofficial Games)
- Points can be situated in the form of a pointcrawl
- A rather specific table for crossing a river. (Carapace)
- Create an environment with physical features that the players explore as a dungeon.