WWI: Dungeon Raid

I see it when I close my eyes!

The Elements: This is a match 3 iphone game.

The Crux: In this game you link together 3 or more items. The items include potions which heal you, shields which repair your armor and upgrade your equipment, coins which allow you to purchase upgraded equipment and swords and skulls. Swords do nothing but damage skulls, and skulls attack you every round. As you play the enemies get tougher and tougher.

The Countenance:When I first purchased this game, I regretted my decision. As you play the enemies get tougher and tougher until eventually you lose. There is no way to 'win' or escape the 'dungeon' that is represented by the tiles.

But then the released the update. The update added unlockable and upgradeable classes. So now when you play, you're actually accomplishing things before you die.

I have several times accidentally burned food because I was busy playing this game.

The Genre: Being a turn based match 3 strategy game, it is pretty clearly SC.


The Detritus: Like most match 3 games (a game series defined by games like bejeweled) bolting on an advancement motif is an exercise in addiction. It takes a long time to unlock new classes, but that just makes it all the more rewarding when it does occur.

The Final Counsel: We're all sort of obsessively playing it around here, so. . . yeah.

This game is available for the iphone and. . . hold on. . . I'll finish typing after this game.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I've played puzzle quest. C_c

    ReplyDelete
  2. "several times accidentally burned food because I was busy playing this game."

    Haha, umm. . . that's never happened to me ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...