On Class Titles and Archetypes

We're playing Labyrinth Lord soon. I really want to break my players out of 'a fighter is a fighter' and encourage them to play whatever sort of archetype they want using the class as a sort of base to build off of. In order to encourage that, I present this list of class archetypes, a continuation of this old post, listing all the Hackmaster packages and classes.


adventurer
abjurer
alchemist
archer
assassin
barbarian
bard
beastlord
berserker
bishop
blood mage
brigand
cavalier
cleric
corsair
conjurer
death knight
demonologist
diviner
druid
elementalist
enchanter
executioner
fighter
geomancer
guide
healer
hunter
illusionist
invoker
knight
mage
magician
mentalist
monk
necromancer
necroscope
ninja
paladin
pirate
priest
psionicist
ranger
ritualist
rogue
sage
samurai
scout
shaman
shadow weaver
shadow dancer
shifter
sorcerer
spirit walker
spy
swashbuckler
summoner
thug
transmuter
thief
voodoon
war mage
warlock
warrior
witch
witch hunter
witch doctor
wizard

8 comments:

  1. Hm. I wonder if it would make it conceptually easier to call these "personality types" rather than "class archetypes."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This list is great. It reminds me of the kits from 2nd Ed AD&D. If I may be so bold, might I suggest a few additions?
    Bounty hunter
    Nomad
    Charlatan
    Gladiator
    Legionary
    Question arises - are you going to just use the titles, or will there be concrete, game-affecting rules attached as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, We're running LL, and I'm going to let them pick a skill every 3 levels, and a talent every level. Talents are crap like class features and feats. So the titles will just be a guide for their creativity in picking that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It reminds me of Warhammer carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be interested in seeing the list of talents. I've been thinking of something similar - really simple options that convey the flavor of an archetype, personality type, whatever. I hope you post them when you have a list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that's an interesting thing Eric - the 'list' of talents is whatever they can sell me on. I mean, since mechanically the game is pretty simple, it just depends on what they want.

    Currently the talents are 'shield bash' 'precise shot' 'extra spell' 'elementalist: fire' 'scribe scroll'.

    Really just whatever they can come up with that allows them to individualize their character.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...