On Megadungeon Hooks II

First 50 hooks are here.
I haven't combined these into 1 table, so you may roll d100, and if it's over 50, subtract 50 and use that value here. Or use either table and divide by 2. Or pick.

  1.  There's a slave underground that runs right through this dungeon. And you're going to get your property back.
  2. Give up immortality for eternal love they said. It seemed worth it at the time, but after the divorce, they can burn in hell for all you care. Only one way to get your immortality back, and maybe send them to hell to boot.
  3. So, you've got the information your demon master needed, but those jerks burnt down your lab. You've heard there's a way to reach him down below, so off you go
  4. Ah, Monday, time to beat back the endless hordes of the damned. Hours could be better, but, eh, it's a living.
  5. Where else am I supposed to collect my spiders?!
  6. Elves ruin everything. Surely their won't be any down below.
  7. And they said you'd never collect a gold coin from every empire in the tolemic era! Why you know for sure this hole in the ground goes through the ruins of the previous five cities before this. Five! You shouldn't have to go any deeper than level 7.
  8. It's not your fault you didn't want to join the church like daddy. You'll just go and bring back the largest gem he's ever seen and he'll eat his words then.
  9. You thought it was so cool that his job was 'ancient artifact negotiation and acquisition'. You didn't realize that meant murdering things in decrepit holes in the ground. Since your husband hasn't come back, you're going to go find him and rescue him, or maybe kill him. You haven't decided yet.
  10. You'll avenge your brothers and sisters! All 12 of them!
  11. He wants me to collect what before he'll let me marry his daughter?
  12. You weren't no goods with numbas or maths before yu mama dropped you on your head anyways. And they needs the monies so your gonna go get them sums from that hole people keep coming out of with the monies.
  13. I have this deed for property here, and I was wonder- You mean down that stairway?
  14. You're best friends with a goblin, it's true. And now he's disappeared. It's likely he's in trouble. Probably something to do with the trolls on level 3.
  15. Every single member of your tribe dead. Only below can you achieve the means of revenge.
  16. If I hadn't lost so much money on dog racing, I woudn't be messing around trying to steal a dog from The Kennel of Gold Tales!
  17. Killing your sister was an accident. The only way to cleanse your soul is to reach the Mural of Judgment.
  18. You only need one Arcanite stone, but as long as you're there, nothing stopping you from getting more. Other than the curse, and who believes in those.
  19. My god can only be worshiped in the Abolished Dark Iron Church. He's the god of, uh, . . . clowns and sunshine. Why do you ask?
  20. All we have to do is to find the Golden Mud Sleep, bottle it up, and sell it for riches! Let me see that map again.
  21. It was this or become the Baron. 
  22. I mean, you liked the guy, and it's true his murderer is down there. Just a shame the will said you had to avenge his death. Note to self: a diviner for a mentor is not the best plan.
  23. They'll never find me in here!
  24. The church will never look for me in here!
  25. They'll never assassinate me in her- oh, wait, I'll probably die anyway. Screw it, lets go.
  26. Yes my brother is a paladin. No, it never struck me as a particularly bad idea to rob his church of a holy artifact.
  27. You'll find your cousin who disappeared thirty years ago.
  28. Wait, Who am I? Who are you? Where am I? Why am I in this room!?
  29. I mean it was bad enough that your uncle murdered your father to marry your mother. But then to hunt you because he's worried you're gonna try to take the throne? Nonsense!
  30. I really like hats. Yes. Hats. Yes. No I'm not. The best hats are the old ones!
  31. Well, at least in this career no one will find out about your killing and eating your family.
  32. It's not really the money, though that's nice. It's just nice to see the look in their eyes when you betray them. It's worth it just for that.
  33. Secretly? I almost have a complete kobold suit. Just a few more trips.
  34. Nope, I'm just gonna hold this torch and your gear. No need to worry about me. No Sir.
  35. I didn't set nothing on fire.
  36. You just really like dungeon fungus. Well, and the poison it makes also.
  37. The drow are a beautiful people, and they'll understand me!
  38. My dog likes to hunt, see?
  39. Gold. I like Gold. Gooooooollllllldd-aaahhum. gold. Just like it is all.
  40. Ancient knowledge in ancient places I always like to say!
  41. The best spells (weapons etc.) are always the ancient ones.
  42. They speak, so they must have a culture, see? I'm just going to go set up an embassy, and we'll use discussion to solve our problems.
  43. o/~One, two, three, four, that's the way we count the hoard, when we lift the bloody corpse, after slaying Mr. Orc.o/~
  44. Sure, it looks like Bob, but something seems off. He wants you to go with him, so why not?
  45. You know what's delicious? Ogre brains. Also, candy.
  46. I need yarn from the reclusive dungeon ox.
  47. I can reach the bottom.
  48. I can kill 100 foes.
  49. To win the legendary challenge, you must head down to qualify.
  50. I hate the outdoors!

1 comment:

  1. I like # 14 best. Everyone should have a goblin for a friend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...